ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: Tyra is Terrific Television

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tyra is Terrific Television

Written by my friend Dong Wood

I have watched almost every episode of the Tyra Banks show throughout its run. I'm glad it remains in syndication currently as this was and to me, still is, a talkshow that actually had something to talk about. Tyra did something that most talk show hosts did not do. She got real. She talked about herself, her struggles, and connected with the people she brought on her show. Another reason I watched was the fact that she made sure everyone on the show looked fabulous.

From the audience members to the guests everyone seemed to be able to look good and feel good. She did hard hitting stories about the adult industry and beauty related episodes that tried to discover exactly what it was that beauty is really comprised of. I found her topics to be engaging and interesting in a daytime roster filled with shows that are not worth my time.

I have far more channels available to me on my satellite tv than I could possible watch in a day. Sadly, I am constantly under the impression that nothing 'good' is on the direct tv channel guide. Tyra has continually kept that sensation at bay. Whether she was helping teen girls overcome peer pressure, or helping people understand that true beauty is in your words and actions; not just in a pretty face, didn't matter. Tyra kept my attention. Of course, it didn't hurt that she was incredibly gorgeous and I wanted to snuggle her senseless.


No comments: