ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: Interesting

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Interesting

Today, while I was putting the clothes in the dryer, my attention was caught by an old and a bit dirty envelope that's on top of the dryer. I checked the date and it was stamped December 2, 1944, but the actual date on the letter is November 26th, 1944. It's from War & Navy Departments in New York. There's a short letter inside and it's very interesting. A letter from an Army husband I guess, to his dearest wife. I know it can't be considered "antique" yet (for it to be called antique, it should be around at least 100 years old). I will scan the letter and will post it here later on. This letter was probably from our crawl basement, it got out from there when they put the new furnace. I was just wondering if these two people are still alive. hmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think it is very interesting to find something like that. It is almost like finding a little part of history.