ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: Our Thanksgiving

Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

Hi Everyone! How was your Thanksgiving? I had a pretty tiring but wonderful Thanksgiving here. I roasted turkey as usual (cleaned and seasoned it the night before). Then for side dishes, I made some macaroni and cheese, chicken and garlic flavored rice, mashed potatoes, corn, greens (mustard greens my fave), sweet potatoes, we also had sweet rolls and sweet potato pie. My mom-in-law celebrated Thanksgiving with us. She brought the corn bread dressing, more mac n cheese, and her special peach cobbler (yum yum!). I probably gained 20 pounds from eating hahahah! After dinner, we sat down and watched a movie. After the movie, my MIL and hubby helped me put the kitchen in order. Then, hubby decided that it was too late for his mom to drive home so he just convinced my MIL to spend the night. By the way, my hubby’s niece was supposed to have dinner with us on Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, she was not able to make it. She made it on Black Friday however. That’s another story though.

No comments: