ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: Update On My DL

Monday, July 28, 2008

Update On My DL


As most of you guys know, I have been trying to get my driver's license for the longest... I practice every chance I get (which is like once in a blue moon ehehehe) That is one of the reasons why everytime I get on the road, it's like always my first time. Nervous as I can be... Last July 20th, I've had enough of it... I told my self that I am going to get this freaking road test no matter what... If I fail, I fail. I will get two more chances after that anyways. So on the 23rd, my MIL taught me how to parallel park, coz that's the only thing that I haven't done in any of my practices... She taught me the downhill, uphill parking etc... As expected, I didn't do well in parallel parking, but after a few tries, I did get a hang of it.

To make the story much longer ehehehe, on the 25th, my MIL picked me up from the house and I drove from Cal City to Chicago (in the expressway mind you). I am sweating so bad, nervous, I feel like I have tons of butterflies in my stomach that I feel like throwing up... My MIL is calming me down... She keeps on saying, "Roselle, relax, you're doing ok.. just stay in your lane and you'll be fine".

So, we got there safely. I went in to the DMV office (while MIL and kuletz were waiting in the parking lot). Waited in line to get a number. Finally, my turn came and I was surprised coz I didn't have to take the written test again and I didn't have to pay a dime... Why? Coz my permit wasn't expired yet (at least at that time, it actually expired yesterday). So I am thankful. The lady took the car's proof of insurance, and all my info etc... went to the cashier just for them to stamp my papers paid... then was asked to go to the road test area... At this time they asked me to have the car be brought to the said area, so I called my MIL...They asked me if I was the one taking the test, I said yes and was asked to hop in the car... they asked me to turn the right and left signal lights.. even asked me if I know the hand signal if my signal lights aren't working...

After waiting for a few minutes. A big old guy hopped in the passenger seat. He had some papers with him and checking items here and there. At this point, I wasn't even nervous about my driving anymore (coz I already drove the expressway to get there). What made me so nervous is the guy's look and expression. He's so serious and his face is so blank. As in you'll never guess what he's thinking. All he said is that, 'how you doin?' That's it! Then he finally asked me to move the car forward and gave me instructions on where to go... All you here is turn right...after the stop light turn left, turn left again, turn right at this street.. turn left at this alley and then back-up and turn left again..He also asked me to park uphill (I am not even sure if I get this one right ehehehe) That's all! Then he asked me to go back to the DMV facility and park the car. When I parked the car, he didn't say a word for like a few minutes... he's still workin' on the papers, checking here and there... After a few more minutes, I just can't help myself so I asked him... "How did I do sir?". He said, "You did OK" and paused... Then he said "Come with me and take a picture"... In my mind, I said, did he say take a picture.. ahhmmm a picture? Is that a good thing?... sounds like.. ehehehe So I went in with him, and made me sit down and wait (again) My MIL asked me how did I do.. I told her what the guy said... And she got so excited :) At that time I said, well, I guess I PASSED ehehehehe They called my name and took my picture and after a few minutes they gave me this:


This is also the new design of the IL driver's license... I don't know about the 106 lbs though eheheeh That info is like when I first got my state I.D. back in 2001 :D

Oh oh oh! One more thing about the DL, my MIL and I got excited that I after we left the DMV and went to a grocery store, I took one good look at my DL again and they actually made a mistake in my house number... So we went back to the office and had it fixed.. wew! But to be honest, when they gave the DL to me the first time, I did look at the addy and I guess because of my excitement, I missed it. Well, I am just glad it's over... My long overdue driver's license is finally in my hands... But I still need to have someone with me when I am driving, till I get very used to it... just to be on the safe side. :)

Well, that's all folks! Again, thanks for looking :)

2 comments:

Merydith said...

Ayan na pwede ka na maglakwatsa. Hindi naman siya gaanong ka hirap. Congratulations you're free na.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Congrats! I know how you feel, I've been there lol..

Would you mind exchanging links with me? pls let me know.. my url is http://obstaclesandglory.blogspot.com Hope to see you...

Thanks for adding me in SS..left u a prop there..

Rose