ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: Online Phone Cards

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Online Phone Cards

I have used phone cards before to call my family back home probably once or twice. After that never bought one again, why? Cause I get disappointed every time. What happened on the first occasion was, I bought a $20 phone card (about 3 ½ hours of talk time) and tried calling my mother, for some reason, she didn’t answer the phone and guess what? They deducted at least 1 hour of my talk time for just leaving a two minute (probably less) message! Geez! It was ridiculous! I tried calling them to ask why, but the cell phone provider's customer service is just as bad as their phone cards.

So, what I did was find another site that offers, cell phone plans, pay as you go cell phone and ofcourse online phone cards and found one. I thought I found a good card this time, but again, I was wrong. They didn’t charge me an hour of talk time for leaving a message, but they have this so many hidden charges that they kept on deduction to your talk time, they have this connection fee, maintenance fee and they have this thing that if you don’t use your card it will just expire and our minutes will just vanish in thin air! Since then, I never used a phone card again.

However, I am thinking of trying another one, coz my regular phone which charges me of 16 cents per minute just sent me a letter saying that they are gonna be increasing their fees for international calls. Thankfully, one of my friends recommended a site that I think she uses often and offers online phone cards. She said I can get a low rate that starts from 4.7 cents per minute (way lower than my 16 cents) and wow, no connection fee! Plus it is easy to use, in just three steps, you will be talking to your loved ones anywhere in the world. And one more good thing about PhonecardsAvenue is that you can get 3% cash back for your present and future purchases as their way of saying thank you to their loyal customers. Now, that is a great deal!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Yup, those phone cards area great idea. Helps to control the phone spending! Have a great weekend, and thanks for the visit!