ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: We Got Hit By An Earthquake

Sunday, April 20, 2008

We Got Hit By An Earthquake

At around 4:30 a.m. (April 18th) I woke up coz my little kuletz cried, sounds like he was dreaming. I checked him and he just went back to sleep.. as soon as I laid down again about, I felt that my bed is kinda shaking a little bit, and then the shaking just kept escalating plus you can hear the glass windows' tremblings. It felt like a train is passing by our house, but our crib is not "along da riles" :). I knew it was an earthquake. It lasted for about 30-40 seconds and my guess was like intensity 5. After that I immediately turned the t.v. on and watched the news, just for me to know what the intensity was... it sure was 5.4 (that's what they said) but the official one is 5.2. The epicenter is about 300 miles away from Chicago. The quake was felt by other midwest state too. I was amazed to find out on the news that some people don't have any idea that it was an earthquake, maybe because it wasn't very usual to have an earthquake here in Illinois, unlike in California. My hubby was so asleep that he didn't feel a thing, he was even in the basement sleeping and felt nothing ehehehe. To read more about the said earthquake please click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! an earthquake? that's kinda scary! it's been awhile since i had experienced one and it's in pinas:)...anyways, glad u guys are ok..

thanks for the visit:)

escape said...

when im asleep, i can't detect if there's an earthquake. hehehe...