ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: The Better Half Tag

Monday, October 22, 2007

The Better Half Tag

Yesterday my hubby saw me scanning his pictures. He probably know that I'm gonna be posting it on my blog so he said, "Please don't post anymore pictures of me on the internet, please, please". I know he's serious about it coz of the tone of his voice. But you all won't tell, would you? eheehehe

Since he said please please please to me. I'll just post two of his pics. :)

This one is my favorite. I don't know how old he was here but geez! He looks so adorable! (Parang di tinotopak hahahah!) :P

Look at that big bow tie, pamatay! hihihihi ang sama ko!

That's all for the pictures. He could kill me for this ehehehe . Nways on with the questions.

1. First name: His name is very, very common. It's Mark.

2. How and where did you meet?

We met online as most of us here. To be honest, I don't really know what site it was. That was way back late October of 1998, my officemates and I got so excited coz for the first time we had an internet connection in the office. Mind you the internet is exclusive in our section only. No one can use it but us :D Little did they know that after office hours, we (my officemates), cute red devils were online creating emails, searching chatrooms here and there. The first two weeks, we didn't find an interesting chatroom. Until one day, I went to the office early went to www.yahoo.com and just typed chatrooms.. a lot of chatrooms were listed. I picked one at random. I started chatting with people, the usual a/s/l thingy. Then to make it short, I told my devil friends and we all became regulars. The three of us were the only Filipinos chatting in the room. Most of them are americans and australians. We had friends, then one time there's this Mark1 guy, I assumed he' a guy coz of the nick (who's kinda new in the room coz we haven't seen him before) So I talked to him. As usual the a/s/l thingy (which is pretty tiring to answer sometimes) We chatted for a while then started exchanging emails. He started sending me emails regularly. He asked for my pictures, but I said, I won't send you my picture until you send yours first. He said he didn't have a scanned picture as his scanner is not working (i thought it was a lame excuse eheheh) but he promised to send it to me as soon as he had his picture scanned. So I said, OK. I sent it and he said I'm beautiful! hahaha! That was funny to me. :D He keeps on losing my picture. He said he accidentally deleted it and want me to send it again. He had me send my picture at least 5 times. Then he finally send his picture and I didn't like it. I stopped replying to his emails for a while. But I still kept getting emails from him so I said, hmmm.."masagot na nga! wawa naman ehhehe" (don't tell him coz he didn't know that). We started exchanging snail mail addresses and phone numbers. Geez! He called me everyday! As in everyday! Either at the office or at home. My parents kept asking me, who is that? blah blah blah :) You know how it is with our parents. He kept sending me cards sometimes chocolates. Anyways, he decided to visit me in August of 1999. His mother was with him. I wasn't nervous at all coz I felt like I have known him for a long time. He was the one that was nervous when we first met at the airport coz I have my father with me and he kept asking himself, "what am I gonna do? Should I kiss her, hug her or shake her hand?". He hugged me and kissed me though :) They stayed for a week (very short) in Manila. Before they left he told my parents that he wants to marry me. (By the way, he's been divorced for ten years when we first met and has a son) My parents are a bit worried ofcourse, but geez! I was 25 years old then. As soon as he landed in the States, we started talking about marriage. This and that... To make this part short, we got married in the Philippines in March of 2000. He had his big brother, his mother and his dad's bestfriend as moral support. :) We've been married now for 7 years blessed with one "kuletz" in the house. Imagine that!

3. Characteristics: I love the fact that no matter what, me and his sons are his priority in life. He's very hard working. Honestly, he didn't need a wife ehehehe He's very good in the house. Whatever a good wife does, he can do it too.. ehehhe Much more organized than me. A bit perfectionist. Too scary to be around with sometimes because he wants everything to be in order. And the one thing that I am very sure of, he will never ever cheat on me. You might ask how can I be so sure of it?. Can't answer you that because it's just between him and me :D

4. Your plans 20 to 30 years from now. We haven't really talked about it, but we probably are just chillin' by then. Travelling here and there. If not, maybe we are sitting in the rocking chair in the front porch chit-chatting ehehehe Watching grandkids running around :)

So that's it. He'd kill me if he happens to read this post. :) Tagging all of you who hasn't done this. Take care everyone and thanks for reading!

12 comments:

PinayWAHM said...

Woo hoo...pahabaan ng love story. At least now I don't feel guilty for making you read my long entry...cool story...

What's Mark's email addy? hehehe...kidding...I won't clue him in...

Juliana

RoSeLLe said...

Haahahah! Itanong ba ang email at gusto akong ipahamak :) Di ko nga alam bakit napahaba eh.. sobrang daldal ko talaga hihihihi salamat sa pagbisita :)

Merydith said...

Patay ako nito ni Mark. You already posted his pictures twice because of Moi. I love reading your love story and how you guys met. Reminds me before I met Ryan. Yong may-ari ng school was so happy kasi we are working overtime daw. Heheheh sa chat at emails pala inaatupag. Thanks for doing this. It made me have a smile on my face.

RoSeLLe said...

No prob Ms. Merydith. I enjoyed doing every tags namn. And about our story, when our bosses found out about our little internet escapades, bawal na mag surfing bigla.. tuloy we have to go pa sa internet cafe sa megamall.. Grabe mahal pa naman isang oras don. 90 pesos imagine that! Kung mag chat pa naman kame ni mark 3-4 hours :D Ang gastos ko tuloy ehehehe

But nways, As long as no one would rat me out, he wouldn't know na nakabalandra sa blog ko ang kanyang mga litrato :D

RedLan said...

wow, super kilig ang love story mo. one of the ideal couples i can say.

congrats roselle!

Anonymous said...

selle, ako dati the first thing i do as soon as i get to work is turn my YM pero naka minimize lang at no sound, walang alam boss ko, akala niya i was working so hard lagi daw nakaharap sa pc, magpahinga naman daw ako, lol! we talk sometimes for 6 hrs a day, poor government. nice story! yong isang kaibigan namin na blogger na roselle mark din name ng hubby.

RoSeLLe said...

Hi Red! Ideal couple nga kame eheheh Mahal na mahal namin isa't-isa kaya lagi kame nag-aasaran! hahahah! :) malakas mang asar asawa kong magaling eh :D

Aling Tess!! Buti ka pa at may YM ka na dati.. Kame wala, di ko nga alam na YM exists ehehe pati MIRC di ko din alam yan dati. Tingnan mo nga di ko na matandaan kung saang site kame nag meet.. the last time we checked it kse, sabi it doesn't exist daw.. baka mali yung link namin :D

Sobrang common mga pangalan yata namin. Tatlo singko :D

Pepe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pepe said...

Hey Roselle alam mo ba na-noticed ko, your son looks exactly like his father....! Parang blue-print talaga pati hugis ng mga tenga, hair-style lang ang naiba....! Ibig sabihin daw nyan ay mahal na mahal mo husband mo ha-ha....! =D

Marie said...

Wow! I like your love story. so kilig! hehhee...naku yong entry ko nito is so short kasi shinort-cut ko, ang haba din kasi pag denitalye ko...hehehe...

RoSeLLe said...

Hello Pepe! Thanks for the visit. With your comment, talagang pinagbiyak na bunga yang mag-ama kong yan ehehehe si bulilit nga pati mannerisms ng daddy nya nagagaya na ngayon. TC!

Hi Marie Grace! Salamat po sa pagdaan dito. I wanted to cut my story short, pero parang ang sarap kse balikan ng nakaraan ehehehe kaya napahaba :) TC!

J said...

what a cute love story. thanks by the way for the visit. see you around.

~juliana