ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: 8.8.08 Olympics

Saturday, August 9, 2008

8.8.08 Olympics

I watched the opening ceremonies of the 2008 Beijing Olympics and it was unbelievably awesome! The Chinese did a wonderful job on every production. It was well thought of. Wish I was there to witness it personally. It was truly breathtaking. I wonder how London (2012) can surpass that nor the next host in 2016 (hopefully Chicago...yey!).

Anyways, I watched the entire ceremony from 7 pm (CST) to 11 pm, just to see who's the flag bearer of the Philippines. It was Manny Pacquiao, they said not because he's in the olympic team, but because he's one of the most popular athlete in the country.

I am gonna be monitoring all the events in the olympics, specially the swimming event. I would like to see how Dara Torres would do this time. She is a 5th time olympian who has won 8 olympic golds and the most amazing thing is that she's 40 years old. Oh actually she's already 41 :) Can you believe that!? She's awesome! Also, I am looking forward to see Michael Phelps (gorgeous!) in the swimming category. He won 8 medals in the Athens Olympics last 2004, 6 of which were gold.

No comments: