ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: I Finally Went!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Finally Went!


My friend Sharon from Rockford has invited me to a lot of events but unfortunately, I never get the chance to go to any of it until Sunday. I finally went! It is supposed to be a kite festival in Chicago Botanic Garden, however, we came kinda late so the festival is almost over. The only good thing is that I met some of Shawie's friends in Rockford and I get to see her again (last time we saw each other was December 2007). Here are some of our photos:

Shawie and myself with our kuletz (rose garden)

The gang (under the apple tree)

Shawie and yours truly (enabling garden)

english garden

japanese garden


We arrived in the garden at past 3 p.m. and went home around 6:30 p.m. On our way home, hubby was giving me tips in safe driving and stuff...we are in the expressway by the way...at that time he said something about yielding for cars that's getting on the expressway...I said, I don't have problems yielding for cars getting on the expressway, my problem is that I'm scared to GET ON the expressway coz I feel like the cars, trucks and other vehicles are so freaking fast that I feel like they're gonna hit me or something...After making that comment, we stopped at the rest area, got some burger for Kuletz... when we're getting ready to leave, he asked me to get into the driver's seat! Oh geez! My heart was beating so fast that I feel like I'm gonna faint. Why? Coz I knew he's gonna let me drive on the freaking expressway! Men! I told myself, I shouldn't have made that comment!

So I drove...halfway, I was doing pretty well, however, I took the wrong exit!!! That's when I started panicking and messed up my driving... To make it short, I messed up in exiting but finally got back on track, I did make mistakes here and there (so I got some good screaming from hubby eehehehe).. some are bigtime mistakes that he said he would have flunked me if it was a test... But hey! That was a good practice :) We made it home safely around 9:45pm :D.... If you would like to know how far Chicago Botanic Garden is from our house, it's only an hour and two minutes drive :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that japanese garden sure looks serene ;-)