ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: Scammer?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Scammer?

Most of you know already that my hubby and I met on the internet almost 10 years ago. We'll be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary this coming March. I mentioned that because one of my friends had a bad experience in meeting people online.

She registered in a dating site called Cherry Blossom... had been talking to few guys every now and then. The first one she met was a Pilot and that didn't work out so she kept looking. The second guy she talked to was said to be from North Carolina and at that time they were communicating the guy is supposed to be in London for some kind of business trip. I can't believe it when she said that after only second day of them chatting, the guy is saying I LOVE YOU to her already.. and those i miss you thingy... etc.. To me it sounded like "BOLA"...you know what I mean...Then the guy said the he's going to Africa...business call too... he planned to stop by to Chicago to meet her.. then he cancelled as he said that he needed to be in Africa real quick as he's having trouble with his business...So there he go, according to him he's in Africa already.. by the way, he seem to be so interested in my friend because he kept texting her with sweet nothings and calling her too. I even got the chance of talking to him, but its kinda odd coz his accent is so funny that I couldn't even explain why. He said he was born and raised in North Carolina, but I never heard that kind of accent to anyone born and raised in the United States... so that to me is like a red flag...

Then here's the freaky part... One night after one week of them communicating, the guy is BORROWING MONEY FROM MY FRIEND!!! Duh!!!! He said that his merchandise in Nigeria had a problem in customs that he needs to pay $7,000... geez! To me when you say Nigeria... scam is the first thing that would come to my mind.. No offense to the country itself.

I told her to report it to Cherry Blossom so his account will be deleted so as not to scam so many more women. So as I always say, it is alright to make friends online but be very very careful.

No comments: