ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: First Time

Saturday, September 27, 2008

First Time

I've been living here in the South Suburb of Chicago for a year now and I just found out today that there's a Filipino Store close by. It's located in Steger, Illinois which is like 25 minutes away from where I am. This is a bit closer than than the one in Schererville, Indiana. The name of the store is Asia's Best Oriental Store. I bought one of those Mang Tomas All Purpose Sauce, which is my fave and my son's too, I got some Oishi prawn crackers, a bottle of fish sauce and a can of Butter Cookies. I was looking for some "butong pakwan" (watermelon seeds) but they don't have it. Maybe next time.

After that, Che and Ash, had dinner in our house. For the first time, hubby was able to spend time with us coz usually when Che and Ash are here, he's always at work or some place else. He enjoyed playing with the kids. They played board games like Monopoly and Sorry, then played Nicktoons video games while me and Che were at the dinner table chatting. They went home around 9:30. All in all it was a great day! We all had a wonderful time.

No comments: