ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: Thanks Ike!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Thanks Ike!

I am so tired today. I had to clean up our basement cause we had a little water down there. Thanks to hurricane Ike. It has been raining on and off for the past few days. The other day the water started to crawl in our basement. I thought the rain wasn't so bad cause it was not really a heavy nor continues one. Thus, I got so surprised when I was watching the news and saw the damages it did in other areas, which some are really, really close to our spot.

According to the news, Little Calumet River overflowed. I felt bad about myself cause while I was cleaning (just mopped the floor and dried it up) the basement, I was complaining when I should be thankful for what we have is nothing compared to other people's houses. Upon seeing that disaster on t.v., I said a little prayer for those who are affected and thank Him for we were not one of them. At least my basement is all cleaned up now while the others are still waiting for the water to recede before they can actually start cleaning up.

No comments: