ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: My First Pizza

Thursday, September 18, 2008

My First Pizza

I have been wanting to make a pizza since my husband complained about the pizza that I bought from the store. He said it's so paper thin (eventhough it's not a thin crust pizza) and there's not a lot of cheese. There are few brands that sell a pretty decent pizza, but its too expensive. So yesterday while I was at the grocery store, I decided to get all the ingredients that I needed. Bought some flour, 4 types of cheese (Mozzarella, Provolone, Mild Cheddar & Parmesan) and some mushrooms and green peppers.

Today I decided to make it since hubby is here. I found an easy dough recipe from the internet and incorporated it to some others to make it simpler.

Here's the dough recipe (no yeast by the way, that's why I like it)

4 c. flour
6 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
1 1/3 c. milk
2/3 c. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. sugar (this is not in the original recipe, just added it)

Pour oil and milk mixture over flour mixture. Mix with fork. Shape into ball, knead until smooth. Roll out on greased cookie sheet. Top with favorite sauce and toppings. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

Toppings:

Pizza Sauce (but I used spaghetti sauce, added my secret ingredient)
Mozzarella
Provolone
Parmesan
Mild Cheddar
Green Peppers
Mushrooms

Or you can use any toppings of your choice.

Photos:


this is a quarter of an inch thick but did rise to like an inch when cooked
so, you can probably cut it in half to make two pizza crusts...
by the way, spread some olive oil before putting the sauce



just plain spaghetti sauce with my secret ingredient :)



before it hit the oven



fresh from the oven



my first piece...yumm-o!

Hubby said it was so delicious! However, I will make few changes the next time. I will split the dough into two to make two pizza crusts. Then will put more mushrooms and green peppers. And lastly, will bake it a little longer probably up to 25-30 minutes instead of 15-20. (This depends on your oven's temperature)

No comments: