ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: America Made History...

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

America Made History...



I was so thrilled last night when I finally heard the announcement that Barack Obama is the newly elected President of the United States of America. I cannot believe that I was part of this history. I am certain that many people do not agree with the outcome but hopefully, they would respect Obama as he works hard in trying to pull this country out of the rut. By the way, I applaud Sen. John McCain for delivering the most gracious concession speech.





Below are some part of his speech that I like the most...

...It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled - Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America.

...Let us resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and immaturity that has poisoned our politics for so long. Let us remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the banner of the Republican Party to the White House - a party founded on the values of self-reliance, individual liberty, and national unity. Those are values we all share, and while the Democratic Party has won a great victory tonight, we do so with a measure of humility and determination to heal the divides that have held back our progress. As Lincoln said to a nation far more divided than ours, "We are not enemies, but friends...though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection." And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn - I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too.

1 comment:

RedLan said...

panalo ang binoto mo. congrats selle! btw, can i grab one of your pics here?