ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: Workplace Romance

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Workplace Romance

Back home, when I got my first job, our company does not have any rules about office dating. Actually, that is where I met my first boyfriend. At first, I would say it was uncomfortable working with your boyfriend but we did not hide it. However, we had boundaries (no PDA for me) and we did not mix love and work. For me, work is work and I kept it that way.

I brought that up because I know that most companies here in the United States have office dating rules. I am not saying that dating a colleague is illegal, but I think companies set these rules to protect their employees from potential sexual harassments. Anyway, speaking of office dating, I have bumped into Nicole Williams’ website and there are tons of tips there about dating at the office and even sex at work. Here are some useful tips about office dating: (1) Know Your Company’s Policy on Inter-office Dating (2) Don’t Keep It Secret (3) Be Discreet and Act Professional (4) Be Aware of Sexual Harassment. Simple tips but absolutely useful, isn’t it?

By the way, if you would like to get a FREE copy of Office Sex Survival Guide, simply sign up for their free weekly newsletter, “Works” by visiting Nicole Williams' website.


No comments: