ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: I Am Proud To Say That...

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Am Proud To Say That...



After voting, they would give you this sticker that you can show at work or at school in case you are late (at least that's what the lady at the voting site said) :D

My original plan was to vote a bit later in the day, but last night hubby said that I can vote before he goes to work so he can watch our little bulilit here instead of dragging him to wait in line with me.

Last night I went to bed early and set my alarm to 5 a.m. and be ready to go at 6 a.m. However, my sleep were interrupted at about past 3 a.m. and since then I wasn't able to go back to sleep... just stayed in the bed, watched the news...stood up to get ready at 5 in the morning. About 6:05 a.m. I was heading out the door... walked about two blocks to the voting site and not so surprised to see that there's a long line already. Approximately 50 or 60 people ahead of me... Thankfully, the line is moving a bit fast and smoothly...Inside, they asked for my I.D. checked my name in their list and was asked to sign a sheet... They asked me if I wanted a touch screen or paper ballot.. I asked for the paper ballot as the line in the touch screen area was long...I did cast my vote and that was it! I did it! So happy and proud to have exercised one of my rights as an American citizen. Hopefully, the people I voted will do a lot of great things that would benefit the people of this country. I am talking as if the people I voted are sure gonna win :) I am a bit optimistic here ehehehehe... By the way, I am up and voted for CHANGE! :)

There's still plenty of time, get out and vote! :)

No comments: