ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: Credit Card Talk

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Credit Card Talk

Did you apply online for a credit card? How did you get yours? As for me, I received a pre-approval in the mail, then filled-up the form online. It took me only 60 seconds to get the approval and a week to get the actual card. It did give me some advantages, for example, I didn’t have to take cash or check with me all the time and it comes in handy during emergencies (one sample is when my debit card was declined even though I have enough fund in it). It also helped build my credit history.

Before I went ahead and applied for my first credit card, I already did a little shopping. I compared credit cards (here in the U.S, UK, Ireland and even credit cards in Asia) from their percentage in balance transfers, APRs, their estimated interests and of course, the measures they take in fraud protection and security.

So far I am happy with my credit card, I don’t use it that much but if I do, I made sure to pay it on time to avoid being charged with late fees.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wOoot.. i have a credit card now and i only have a limit of 500.. too gud for a start for me.. but it took me hours to apply for it.. arrgghhh.. not lyk urs... hikhikhik...

btw... Thnx for adding me....

RoSeLLe said...

glad u got you one too :) but yeah, it only took me 60 seconds to get approved :D