ss_blog_claim=c3121b1aa4bcdd7b8a9c788df86dd531 Roselle's Sweet Escape: Last Night

Friday, March 7, 2008

Last Night

Last night at around 7:40, I was on my computer doing some blog hopping and watching the American Idol results, when all of a sudden I lost my cable connection, then naturally my internet and phone line went dead too (we're in a bundle account). So I called my ISP and told me that they couldn't see any problem in my area and if I want, they will be sending someone the next day (which is supposed to be today). I said ok, coz I can't do anything about it anyway. Then I decided to ask my son to put up all his toys and while doing that, the lights went off.

Thankfully, my son isn't afraid of the dark, though he called me a few times, just to probably know where exactly I am standing coz it's really pretty dark. I had my cellphone with me so I used it as a flashlight. When I got my real flashlight, I went downstairs, looked out the window to see if it's the entire neighborhood. I was a bit shocked coz our neighbors (accross the street) have their lights on and are enjoying their t.v.s (yes I can see it coz their windows are wide open ehehehe). So, I immediately thought, is it just us?!? I felt relieved when I looked at the back of the house and it was pretty dark.. meaning they don't have electricity either.. wew! I called COMED and reported the outtage. It was automated but they told me what time it's gonna be restored (geez! it was past 8 when I called and they said the estimated time of restoration is not until 10:30) arrghg!

Missed everything from American Idol to Survivor tsk! It was pretty irritating when the power went on, coz I was watching my cable t.v. and it keeps dying on me... at least 5-7 times. Anyways, when it got stable, I was able to talk to my 2nd year high school classmate on YM :) We talked for over 2 hours...that was my night pretty much.. I went to bed at 8:30 in the morning... no kidding at all... then up at 10:30a.m. (so pardon me if my grammar sucks or if I have mispelled a few words eheheh)... and I look like a zombie again!

No comments: